[Ifeffit] graphics and fit

Kelly, Shelly D. SKelly at anl.gov
Thu May 13 10:13:11 CDT 2004

Hi Stefano,

Another free program that can read the output from atoms is ghemical.
http://www.uku.fi/~thassine/ghemical/

I have written a rather specialized code that allows you to rotate a
group of atoms until one of those atoms is at a determined distance from
the original atom.  Here let me explain for the specific example that I
used it for.  Say you have a Uranium atom and attached to it through an
oxygen atom you have a PO4 group.  One of the oxygen atoms of the PO4
group is shared with the uranium atom.  Now from your exafs data you
know that the U-P distance should be some number call it Rp.  This
program will leave the shared oxygen atom at the same spot, but move the
PO3 atoms until the distance for U-P matches Rp.  There are lots of ways
that you can move the PO3 atom.  The program is written to try to bend
the PO3 group first and then translate the PO3 group to make the
distance match.  Then the program writes out the coordinates for all the
atoms.  This code is written in perl and doesn't have a gui interface,
but I would be happy to share.

Shelly