[Ifeffit] newcomer's simple trouble

Stefano Ciurli stefano.ciurli at unibo.it
Wed May 12 02:03:18 CDT 2004

Hello Matt and Tsu-Chien,
I am using MacOSX, and editing the file either using vi or textedit.
While trying to ignore the error I was getting (I also thought
initially it was a problem with format of line ending, but I excluded
it) I used the file that Tsu sent to me (Hoping it was a sort of jinx
I was going through...). Running the file as received, I got the
following error:

  Feff 6L.02
  Fatal Error: No absorbing atom (ipot=0) defined

So I modified the distances and coordinates, thinking that, for some
obscure reason that was the problem, but I get exactly the same error
message. There must be a matter of invisible wrong spacing.
I attach the file I am using.

Looking forward to hearing from you.
Stefano

Stefano Ciurli
Professor of Chemistry
Department of Agro-Environmental Science and Technology
University of Bologna
Viale Giuseppe Fanin, 40
I-40127 Bologna
Italy