[Ifeffit]

Aaron Stuckey Stuckey.1 at nd.edu
Mon May 10 18:31:32 CDT 2004

Sam,
  I ran into this about a week before the APS Users Meeting. Right after I
upgraded to the newest version of Athena/Artemis/et al.   I did find the
solution.  Check in your system32 subdirectory (I think, it may be system) of
the windows directory.  There could be a DFORRT.dll located there.   The
DFORRT.dll file in that location was rather date, possibly from '99.  This old
file was set in the windows path, and it was accessing it even though newer
versions were available.  I found that replacing the old DFORRT.dll file with
the newer version fixed the problem.  You might have to do a google search if
you don't have a newer version on your computer.  If you can't find a newer
version of DFORRT.dll that works, I'll post the one that I am using up online.

Sorry guys, I guess I should have sent something to the list about this
immediately..

Aaron Stuckey

Quoting "Webb, Samuel M." <samwebb at slac.stanford.edu>:

> Quick question for everyone about the behavior of the latest updates on WinXP
> with Athena and Artemis et al.  I manually unzipped all the updates and ran
> into the following error (which is likely due to my own problems).  When I
> click on the hephaestus.bat file (WinXP), I get "The procedure entry point
> _FIIfexp_ could not be located in the dynamic link library DFORRT.dll." in a
> dialog box, then everything closes.  This is also the case for Artemis.bat
> and Athena.bat.  My version of IFEFFIT that was not updated does not have
> this problem.  Copying the former version of DFORRT.dll from my working
> installation does not appear to help either.  Going thru the updates from the
> start, I found that this error arises in update 007 and 008, but not 006.
> The same behavior happens for me if I use the autoupdater, rather than
> manually installing the updates.  Sixpack seems to be unaffected.  Anyone
> have any idea or seen this before?
>
> Sam

> Sam Webb
> SSRL/SLAC Bldg. 137, MS 69
> 2575 Sand Hill Rd.
> Menlo Park, CA 94025
>
> Phone:  (650)-926-3734
> FAX:    (650)-926-4100
> E-mail: samwebb at slac.stanford.edu

The best laid schemes of Mice and Men oft go awry,
And leave us nothing but grief and pain,For promised joy!
Robert Burns (1759 - 1796), To a Mouse