[Ifeffit]

Bruce Ravel ravel at phys.washington.edu
Mon May 10 15:49:15 CDT 2004

On Monday 10 May 2004 03:44 pm, Webb, Samuel M. wrote:
> Quick question for everyone about the behavior of the latest updates
> on WinXP with Athena and Artemis et al.  I manually unzipped all the
> updates and ran into the following error (which is likely due to my
> own problems).  When I click on the hephaestus.bat file (WinXP), I
> get "The procedure entry point _FIIfexp_ could not be located in the
> dynamic link library DFORRT.dll." in a dialog box, then everything
> closes.  This is also the case for Artemis.bat and Athena.bat.  My
> version of IFEFFIT that was not updated does not have this problem.
> Copying the former version of DFORRT.dll from my working
> installation does not appear to help either.  Going thru the updates
> from the start, I found that this error arises in update 007 and
> 008, but not 006.  The same behavior happens for me if I use the
> autoupdater, rather than manually installing the updates.  Sixpack
> seems to be unaffected.  Anyone have any idea or seen this before?

Sam,

One thing that occured to me just now is to make sure that the
conmtents of the bat file all make sense, i.e. that the environment
variables are all set and all point to sensible locations.

 Bruce Ravel  ----------------------------------- ravel at phys.washington.edu
 Code 6134, Building 3, Room 405
 Naval Research Laboratory                          phone: (1) 202 767 2268
 Washington DC 20375, USA                             fax: (1) 202 767 4642

 Beamlines X11a, X11b, X23b
 National Synchrotron Light Source