[Ifeffit]

Webb, Samuel M. samwebb at slac.stanford.edu
Mon May 10 14:44:51 CDT 2004

Quick question for everyone about the behavior of the latest updates on WinXP with Athena and Artemis et al.  I manually unzipped all the updates and ran into the following error (which is likely due to my own problems).  When I click on the hephaestus.bat file (WinXP), I get "The procedure entry point _FIIfexp_ could not be located in the dynamic link library DFORRT.dll." in a dialog box, then everything closes.  This is also the case for Artemis.bat and Athena.bat.  My version of IFEFFIT that was not updated does not have this problem.  Copying the former version of DFORRT.dll from my working installation does not appear to help either.  Going thru the updates from the start, I found that this error arises in update 007 and 008, but not 006.  The same behavior happens for me if I use the autoupdater, rather than manually installing the updates.  Sixpack seems to be unaffected.  Anyone have any idea or seen this before?

Sam

Sam Webb
SSRL/SLAC Bldg. 137, MS 69
2575 Sand Hill Rd.