[Ifeffit] parameters in Athena's output files

Bruce Ravel ravel at phys.washington.edu
Tue Mar 23 13:35:49 CST 2004

Hi folks,

Recently two separate people requested that Athena write a summary of
the various parameters into the header of the column output files for
mu(E), chi(k), and so on.  That's a great idea and the next version of
Athena will do this.  In the interim, I wanted to point out a feature
of Athena that some of you may not be familiar with.

At the bottom of the Edit menu is a submenu called "Write a report."
A report is a summary either of all groups or of the marked groups.
There are three different output formats, but I suspect that most
people will prefer the Excel spreadsheet format.  Rather than explain
it further, I'll leave you to give it go.  The .xls file that gets
written should be readable by any version of Excel as well as
OpenOffice, Gnumeric, and Kspread.

HTH

P.S.  The final option in the "Edit->Write a report" menu is a
      peculiar output file that is of interest to folks who use Athena
      to process their data but who prefer XFit to Artemis for the
      analysis.

 Bruce Ravel  ----------------------------------- ravel at phys.washington.edu
 Code 6134, Building 3, Room 405
 Naval Research Laboratory                          phone: (1) 202 767 2268
 Washington DC 20375, USA                             fax: (1) 202 767 4642

 Beamlines X11a, X11b, X23b
 National Synchrotron Light Source