[Ifeffit] Re: Athena Suggestions

Bruce Ravel ravel at phys.washington.edu
Mon Mar 22 10:58:00 CST 2004

Hmmm... I tried what you did, Matt.  I exported mu(E) from Athena for
both data groups and then did the e0 determination by hand.  This
happened:

  Ifeffit> read_data (gadowee.xmu, group=gad, type=xmu)
  Ifeffit> pre_edge(gad.energy, gad.xmu, find_e0=1)
  Ifeffit> print e0
        10372.5980
  Ifeffit> read_data (gam.xmu, group=gam, type=xmu)
  Ifeffit> pre_edge(gam.energy, gam.xmu, find_e0=1)
  Ifeffit> print e0
        10374.0900

The first e0 value is different from the one you just reported and the
same as Athena tells me.  And I did not get the "out of order"
message.

I'm confused.

> PS: Whether the max of the 1st derivative is a measure of the Fermi
> energy is a whole other story.

And how!

 Bruce Ravel  ----------------------------------- ravel at phys.washington.edu
 Code 6134, Building 3, Room 405
 Naval Research Laboratory                          phone: (1) 202 767 2268
 Washington DC 20375, USA                             fax: (1) 202 767 4642

 Beamlines X11a, X11b, X23b
 National Synchrotron Light Source