[Ifeffit] Re: problems with the new version

Bruce Ravel ravel at phys.washington.edu
Fri Mar 5 14:01:57 CST 2004

On Friday 05 March 2004 12:14 pm, Giuliana Aquilanti wrote:
> Hi Bruce,
>
> I am trying to get the new versions of Athena and Artemis.
> I cliccked on updater.exe but I continued having
> Athena 0.8.024 and Artemis 0.6.009.
> After I installed from zero ifeffit-1.2.5a.exe and the
> ifeffit_updater-1.1.exe but I have still the old versions.
> ...I don't understand....

Hi Giuliana,

I don't think I understand either.  If you have installed
ifeffit-1.2.5a.exe then the next time you run athena or artemis, the
installer should notice that you are not up to date.  You certainly
are not -- I released Athena 0.8.025 and Artemis. 0.7.000 after Matt
released ifeffit-1.2.5a.exe.  I was counting on the updater to do its
thing.

However, if you are behind a firewall (which is, as I recall, the case
at ESRF), the firewall may obstruct the updater program.

I don't know the solution to that problem, but I have taken the
liberty of CCing this to the mailing list.  Perhaps someone else will
have some wisdom to share....

 Bruce Ravel  ----------------------------------- ravel at phys.washington.edu
 Code 6134, Building 3, Room 405
 Naval Research Laboratory                          phone: (1) 202 767 2268
 Washington DC 20375, USA                             fax: (1) 202 767 4642

 Beamlines X11a, X11b, X23b
 National Synchrotron Light Source