[Ifeffit] updating the faq with OSX-specific information

Bruce Ravel ravel at phys.washington.edu
Wed Jun 30 13:25:44 CDT 2004

Hi folks,

The last email got me thinking about the documentation for the various
installers and updaters and such.  I would like to ask one of the OSX
users on the list to create a new FAQ entry in section 2 explaining
how to update Athena and Artemis from source code once Ifeffit has
been installed from the OSX disk image.  (That is, I'd like an expert
OSX user to walk the novice OSX user through the process of building
from source and using sudo to install the newly built code.)

Similarly, section 2 needs an entry explaining how the unix updater
works.  I plan to write that in the coming days.  A section 2 entry
from Carlo or one of the other debian users would probably be a good
idea as well.

Thanks,

 Bruce Ravel  ----------------------------------- ravel at phys.washington.edu
 Code 6134, Building 3, Room 405
 Naval Research Laboratory                          phone: (1) 202 767 2268
 Washington DC 20375, USA                             fax: (1) 202 767 4642

 Beamlines X11a, X11b, X23b
 National Synchrotron Light Source