[Ifeffit] Atoms restraints

Kelly, Shelly D. SKelly at anl.gov
Sun Jun 27 13:15:38 CDT 2004

Hi Matt,

My program for rotating a phosphate group can be easily modified to
rotate any group of atoms.  The problem being that you need to know a
little bit of perl to do it.  The top part of the perl script has a lot
of comments showing you where you would want to make these changes.
Basically you have to tell the program where all the atoms are and how
you want to rotate them.  I could easily modify the script to run from
an input file, but it seems like I should write a gui interface to the
program so that it would be more user friendly...hum..?  I wonder if
PGplot could be used to display a ball and stick model and then be used
to transfer information back and forth from perl?  Would anyone be
interested in helping me figure that part out?

Shelly