[Ifeffit] a few words...

Bruce Ravel ravel at phys.washington.edu
Thu Jun 17 10:40:21 CDT 2004

Hi folks,

This is just a quick note to let everyone know that I have read all of
the traffic on the mailing list from the last two weeks.  Clearly
there are some serious issues with the current release of artemis that
need my attention.  I am still in the middle of a very busy period and
won't have much time to devote to the codes for a couple more weeks,
but I wanted everyone to know that I have read about the problems and
will work on solutions just as soon as I get a chance.  Thanks to
those who commented for your input.  As I have said many times before,
the codes are only usable because of the contributions of their users.

It seems that most of the non-bug report traffic was answered to some
extent.  I probably will not respond to any of the mail from the last
two weeks, so if anyone posted a question for me that didn't get
answered to your satisfaction, I would recommend posting it again.

I also wanted to comment on a couple of things that made me laugh out
loud.  One was was Paul's comment to Chris Derr asking him to inform
the list of the answer once he gets EXAFS all figured out.  (Is it
42?)

The other was when Doug Pease (sorry for picking on you Doug, but this
*was* funny) refered to Shelly Kelly as Mary Shelly.  Mary Shelley, of
course, was the author of Frankenstein.  I would say that it is unfair
to burden Shelly with the responsibility of creating a Frankenstein
monster.  That would be me or Matt, I think, depending on whether the
interior part or the exterior part seems more monstrous to you ;-)

 Bruce Ravel  ----------------------------------- ravel at phys.washington.edu
 Code 6134, Building 3, Room 405
 Naval Research Laboratory                          phone: (1) 202 767 2268
 Washington DC 20375, USA                             fax: (1) 202 767 4642

 Beamlines X11a, X11b, X23b
 National Synchrotron Light Source