[Ifeffit] Re: Aquaterm (was Artemis: Error in laodingadditionalFEFF paths?)

Stefano Ciurli stefano.ciurli at unibo.it
Tue Jun 15 06:15:30 CDT 2004

Matt,

>  > I now have a running set of programs, for which I thank the people
>>  who responded to my calls for help. The only anomalous behavior
>>  concerns two items:
>
>Given Paul's message, I'm now confused.  Did ifeffit-1.2.5 build
>for you? Related to that, what was the evidence that the binary
>installer failed?

See my previous message. I did not encounter any problem following
your instructions.

Regarding the aquaterm issue, see my previous message concerning the
two positions in the directories where I have aquaterm placed.

>I don't see this behavior and have never had to start Aquaterm
>explicitly.

neither had I, until the latest set of installation instructions were given.

>I can run multiple Ifeffit apps, each getting a
>different plot window and can close any of the plot windows:
>subsequent plots will create a new plot window as needed. I cannot
>close the Aquaterm App while running, as subsequent plots cause
>crashes of the calling app (this is not unique to Ifeffit. Gnuplot
>also crashes when Aquaterm is closed).  But this does not happen
>normally anyway: once started, Aquaterm stays running for me even
>after exiting all apps using it.

Exactly the same behavior that I have seen until the latest set of
installation instructions were given.

>I suspect you still have a build problem related to the
>iconf_pgplot script.

see my previous message about not knowing where to place the new
script that you gave us.

Looking forward to hearing from you.
Stefano

Stefano Ciurli
Professor of Chemistry
Department of Agro-Environmental Science and Technology
University of Bologna
Viale Giuseppe Fanin, 40
I-40127 Bologna
Italy