[Ifeffit] Artemis: Error in laoding additional FEFF paths?

Carlo U. Segre segre at iit.edu
Thu Jun 10 23:43:18 CDT 2004

Paul:

Thanks for the details.

I tried reverting back to previous versions until the ZnO tutorial
"worked".  I found that version 035 freezes like version 036 but version
034 seems to work OK.

However, when I looked at the echo buffer, I noticed that despite
apparently loading the new paths without any problem, there was a trapped
error.  It is a bit different than the one I get from v035 and v036 and it
is a warning that does not crash the program, however, it does indicate
that something is not quite right.  Not that in the echo buffer, the
did not seem to be in Paul's file.

Finally, just to remove doubt about my Debian packages, I did a local
install of v036 and the crash that I reported earlier still occurs albeit
with a slightly different message than  the original one I reported.  In
this case the error happened in the "main::add_a_path" routine, just like
the non-fatal error in v034 reported below whereas in my Debian package
version, the error is in "main::read_feff".

Clearly there is some inconsistency here.

Carlo

--------------- Echo Buffer --------------------
Running fit (this could take a few minutes, please be patient) ...
amp = 0.906536 +/- 0.109976
Writing log file ...
Running fit ... done!
Artemis trapped a warning!  Message dumped to
/home/segre/.horae/stash/ARTEMIS.TRAP
Artemis trapped a warning!  Message dumped to
/home/segre/.horae/stash/ARTEMIS.TRAP
Adding FEFF0 ...
"/home/segre/.horae/stash/artemis.project.0/data0.feff0/feff0025.dat" had
Macintosh EOL characters and was fixed.
Adding FEFF0 ... done!
Artemis trapped a warning!  Message dumped to
/home/segre/.horae/stash/ARTEMIS.TRAP
Artemis trapped a warning!  Message dumped to
/home/segre/.horae/stash/ARTEMIS.TRAP
Adding FEFF0 ...
"/home/segre/.horae/stash/artemis.project.0/data0.feff0/feff0028.dat" had
Macintosh EOL characters and was fixed.
Adding FEFF0 ... done!

and

------------------ ARTEMIS.TRAP -----------------
# Artemis 0.7.004
# This file created at 23:11:44 on 10 June, 2004
# using linux, perl 5.008004, Tk 800.025, and Ifeffit 1.2.5
# Workspace: /home/segre/.horae/stash/artemis.project.0/

The following message was trapped by Artemis on a SIGWARN:

Artemis0.7.004warn/home/segre/.horae/stash/ARTEMIS.TRAPCODE(0x963f3dc)/home/segre/.horae/stash/artemis.project.0/
at /usr/bin/artemis line 1551
        main::__ANON__('Use of uninitialized value in string eq at
/usr/bin/artemis l...') called at /usr/bin/artemis line 5895

main::add_a_path('/home/segre/.horae/stash/artemis.project.0/data0.feff0/feff00...',
1, 0) called at /usr/bin/artemis line 3917
        main::__ANON__() called at /usr/lib/perl5/Tk.pm line 225
        eval {...} called at /usr/lib/perl5/Tk.pm line 225
        Tk::__ANON__('Tk::Menu=HASH(0x9b2acac)', 'active') called at
/usr/lib/perl5/Tk/Menu.pm line 531
        Tk::Menu::Invoke('Tk::Menu=HASH(0x9b2acac)', 1) called at
/usr/lib/perl5/Tk.pm line 347
        eval {...} called at /usr/lib/perl5/Tk.pm line 347
        Tk::MainLoop() called at /usr/bin/artemis line 1695

--
Carlo U. Segre -- Professor of Physics
Illinois Institute of Technology