[Ifeffit] Artemis: Error in laoding additional FEFF paths?

Stefano Ciurli stefano.ciurli at unibo.it
Thu Jun 10 15:11:52 CDT 2004

Carlo,

I have been having consistent problems running the tutorials on my
MacOSX G4 portable PC. I have posted several times the tect of the
trap files I am getting. .Apparently, there is no definitve answer
(yet). I am sure Bruce will try to clean up things whenever he has
time. But, if for some reason, some of you out there knows a way out,
I'll be one of the many to be happy to read it.

Stefano.

>One of my students is just trying Scott's ZnO tutorial and we are finding
>a consistent problem when trying to work with the third project file.
>
>When we get to the point of adding an additional path, (feff0011.dat),
>artemis crashes with the following message:
>
>---------------------------------
>
>The following message was trapped by Artemis:
>
>Artemis0.7.006warn/home/segre/.horae/stash/ARTEMIS.TRAPCODE(0x9652e54)/home/segre/.horae/stash/artemis.project.2/
>at /usr/bin/artemis line 1562
>         main::__ANON__('Use of uninitialized value in string eq at
>/usr/bin/artemis l...') called at /usr/bin/artemis line 7313
>         main::read_feff('^^') called at /usr/lib/perl5/Tk.pm line 225
>         eval {...} called at /usr/lib/perl5/Tk.pm line 225
>         Tk::__ANON__('Tk::Menu=HASH(0x974a060)', 'active') called at
>/usr/lib/perl5/Tk/Menu.pm line 531
>         Tk::Menu::Invoke('Tk::Menu=HASH(0x974a060)', 1) called at
>/usr/lib/perl5/Tk.pm line 347
>         eval {...} called at /usr/lib/perl5/Tk.pm line 347
>         Tk::MainLoop() called at /usr/bin/artemis line 1707
>
>--------------------------------
>
>This is happening on all of my Linux machines.  They are using my Debian
>packages and so I have not tried with the tarball installation.
>
>Has anyone else had this problem?  I hesitate to report it as a bug until
>it is confirmed.  In a previous version of horae, it worked fine.
>
>Carlo
>

>--
>Carlo U. Segre -- Professor of Physics
>Associate Dean for Special Projects, Graduate College
>Illinois Institute of Technology
>Voice: 312.567.3498            Fax: 312.567.3494
>Carlo.Segre at iit.edu    http://www.iit.edu/~segre

Stefano Ciurli
Professor of Chemistry
Department of Agro-Environmental Science and Technology
University of Bologna
Viale Giuseppe Fanin, 40
I-40127 Bologna
Italy