[Ifeffit] need more help with artemis

doug pease dougpease at comcast.net
Wed Jun 9 23:27:17 CDT 2004

Hi,

I tried Mary Shelly's suggestion to increase the resolution for my Windows XP monitor and this  worked. Now I can run ATOMS from Artemis. Now the following happens: Running simple copper metal I generate an input file for FEFF that looks o.k. to me.  I run FEFF and it generates paths that make sense....12 near neighbors of the right distance and so on. The Cu CHI function data is imported o.k. and a FT is displayed that looks fine. But the expected path input dialog box never comes up.  According to the manual, once I start FEFF this dialog box is supposed to pop up asking how many paths I want to import and THEN FEFF is supposed to compute.  The dialog box step is skipped.  It says "message dumped to ENV-IFEFFIT-DIR-\HORAE\STASH\ARTEMIS.TRAP"

I don't know where to look for this message , or why the dialog box never shows up.  Any suggestions?

Sincerely,

Doug Pease