[Ifeffit] trouble with Atoms on Mac OSX

Michel Jaouen Michel.Jaouen at univ-poitiers.fr
Thu Jun 3 04:50:25 CDT 2004

	Hi folks,

	I'm using a PM (2X1.8 MHz processors) under OSX v 10.3.4
(Panther latest version). I have installed ifeffit-1.2.5a two weeks
ago and used Atoms many times since. It works well till yesterday
when I loose the ability to use the space group browser with an error
reported on the herre attached file. It looks that I have a problem
with Tk, but I don't understand why.
I have tried to make a new install from scratch after putting in the
trash the ifeffit and perl (the one I assume to be put by the iffit
installer in the home/lib folder): it didn't fix the problem. I found
rather puzzling to find several perl folders (one coming from ifeffit
and one from Fink). Looking my environnement, I found the following:
PERL5LIB=/sw/lib/perl5:/sw/lib/perl5/darwin. I therefore modify my
profile making a setenv to force to use the perl from ifeffit without
any change. So it seems some hidden file is responsible of this
behavior. I must say that if I enter the space group by hand, Atoms
runs (e.g. it creates the feff.inp file).

If anybody has a solution, I will appreciate.

Additional point: I have compliled feff7 using the GNU g77 from Fink,
but it stops the run with a segmentation fault. Any hint?

Best regards

Michel

  Michel Jaouen
  Universite de Poitiers - UFR Sciences - SP2MI
  LMP UMR 6630-CNRS
  Boulevard Pierre et Marie Curie - Teleport 2
  BP 30179
  86962 Futuroscope - Chasseneuil Cedex
   France
  Tel : (33) 5 49 49 67 37