[Ifeffit] news

Stefano Ciurli stefano.ciurli at unibo.it
Wed Jun 2 10:59:15 CDT 2004

Hi Bruce,

>Today I made another new release of the source code tarball and built
>a new Artemis executable for windows.  Users of each of the three
>major platforms should read the notes below for information about this
>release.

Thanks a lot for your effort. For some unknown reason to me the
problem was not solved. So I will use the installer of the 1.2.5
version until you guys figure out what could be wrong.

>This will be the last release for a while.  June and July will be very
>busy for me and I will have scant time to work on the codes until
>August at the earliest.  I will be reading bug reports and suggestions
>and will address them when I get back to work on the codes -- so
>please continue to send them in.  Hopefully whatever bugs are lurking
>in there will not prove too difficult to work around.

Will try...

>This release attempts to fix a problem managing the project folder in
>Artemis, as reported by Stefano Ciurli.  The new version works
>correctly for me, your milage may vary.

not for me, I do not know why. I was hoping that the text reported in
the trap file would help, but it did not.

>I hope everyone has a great summer! (Or a great winter for those of you
>in the southern hemisphere!)

same for you!

>Mac OSX:
>   There was no time to make a new installer package.  For the time
>   being, you can use the most recent installer package, then update to
>   the latest source code tarball from the command line.  This requires
>   downloading the source tarball from SourceForge and unpacking it.
>   Then, from the command line, type "perl Makefile.PL" then "make"
>   then "sudo make install". The last step will prompt for the
>   administrator password.  If you run into trouble, ask on the mailing
>   list and one of the Mac users should be able to help you.

well, the only person I know of is Paul Fons, and I hope he wil lbe
able to guide me a bit in trying to solve the problem.

Thanks for all and .. until August!

Stefano

Stefano Ciurli
Professor of Chemistry
Department of Agro-Environmental Science and Technology
University of Bologna
Viale Giuseppe Fanin, 40
I-40127 Bologna
Italy