[Ifeffit] Re: trap file

Bruce Ravel ravel at phys.washington.edu
Tue Jun 1 13:28:27 CDT 2004

On Monday 31 May 2004 04:41 pm, Stefano Ciurli wrote:
SC> I installed the new horae (035) and played around with the ZnO
SC> tutorial using the new version of Artemis. I called the program in
SC> the directory where the ZnO dat file reside from the command line.
SC> The project apj1 (run with all the indications in the journal) worked
SC> smoothly. As soon as I try to read in the apj2, the following trap
SC> message pops up:

Stefano,

I think I see the problem here.  I suspect that you are changing
project files by selecting "File->Open data file or project file", then
answering "New" to the dialog that asks if you want to change data
files or open a new data file, then answering in the affirmative to
the question about discarding the current file.  Is that correct?

It seems that sequence of events is handled incorrectly by artemis.
When you try to open a new project without explicitly closing the
current project, artemis gets confused about which project folder to
use.

There seems to be a work-around.  If, instead, you always explicitly
close a project before opening a new project, artemis seems to behave
correctly.

I tried this on linux and OSX but not windows and saw the same
behavior in both.  All is well if you explicitly close the current
project.  All is not well if you do not explicitly close it.

Thanks for the heads up.  At least there is a work-around for this
one.

 Bruce Ravel  ----------------------------------- ravel at phys.washington.edu
 Code 6134, Building 3, Room 405
 Naval Research Laboratory                          phone: (1) 202 767 2268
 Washington DC 20375, USA                             fax: (1) 202 767 4642

 Beamlines X11a, X11b, X23b
 National Synchrotron Light Source