[Ifeffit] Importing in Athena

Bruce Ravel ravel at phys.washington.edu
Thu Jul 29 11:21:47 CDT 2004

On Thursday 29 July 2004 02:58 pm, Dave Baker wrote:
> I have recently been looking at some standards and I came across some Cu
> foil data in a two-column .dat format; "energy" and "xmu".
> (Incidentally, it is standard data taken in '92 by none other than Bruce
> R. and Matt. N.)  Anyway, the data seems to load just fine using either
> the "xmu.dat" or the "Mu(E)" import profile, and I can remove
> backgrounds, do both forward and backward FT's and generally manipulate
> the data normally.  Everything is fine until I try to save the chi(k)
> data.  The program displays that it's saving the file, but does not
> report success.  The file is indeed written, but with a file size of
> zero.  Following this attempt, the graph may or may not be stuck in the
> last plot, and if it is stuck, no amount of frantic clicking on my part
> changes it.  The Ifeffit buffer is empty, and there are no error trap
> files.

Works fine for me.

What's the Athena version number?

Are you saving it to a place on disk where you have write permission?

BTW -- in the column selection dialog, "xmu.dat" is intended for
`xmu.dat' files generated by feff.  Measured mu(E) data should be
imported as "mu(E)".

 Bruce Ravel  ----------------------------------- ravel at phys.washington.edu
 Code 6134, Building 3, Room 405
 Naval Research Laboratory                          phone: (1) 202 767 2268
 Washington DC 20375, USA                             fax: (1) 202 767 4642

 Beamlines X11a, X11b, X23b
 National Synchrotron Light Source