[Ifeffit] Importing in Athena

Dave Baker dabaker at unity.ncsu.edu
Thu Jul 29 13:58:40 CDT 2004

I have recently been looking at some standards and I came across some Cu
foil data in a two-column .dat format; "energy" and "xmu".
(Incidentally, it is standard data taken in '92 by none other than Bruce
R. and Matt. N.)  Anyway, the data seems to load just fine using either
the "xmu.dat" or the "Mu(E)" import profile, and I can remove
backgrounds, do both forward and backward FT's and generally manipulate
the data normally.  Everything is fine until I try to save the chi(k)
data.  The program displays that it's saving the file, but does not
report success.  The file is indeed written, but with a file size of
zero.  Following this attempt, the graph may or may not be stuck in the
last plot, and if it is stuck, no amount of frantic clicking on my part
changes it.  The Ifeffit buffer is empty, and there are no error trap
files.
-Dave Baker

North Carolina State University
Dept. of Physics