[Ifeffit] Solution flow cells

Kelly, Shelly D. SKelly at anl.gov
Thu Jul 22 14:55:29 CDT 2004

Hi Scott,

See below:
> Hi all,
>
> I've been doing a literature search for an article I'm
> writing up, and I can't seem to find any examples of an XAS
> flow cell desgined for liquids. Sealed cells for liquids,
> yes; flow cells for passing gases over solids, yes; but no
> solution-chemistry flow cell. I feel like someone must have
> published work in that area before, but I can't seem to find it.
>
> So, does anyone know of any work done using a liquid-phase
> XAS flow cell?

Simon Bare uses a flow cell for passing liquids/gasses over a sample.
This one is a glass container with kapton windows with ports for input
and output.  Also I have seen something like that at PNC cat.  I think
that Ed Stern et. al. was using it.  The one at PNC cat circulated the
liquid through a boron carbide section that is x-ray transparent.

Shelly