[Ifeffit] linux: wouldn't it be cool...

Carlo U. Segre segre at iit.edu
Wed Jan 14 12:13:20 CST 2004

Bruce:

My Debian packages already do it.  Debian/Linux has a simple facility for
this and it is automagically done on package installation.

Then it appears in the menuing system of whichever desktop is being used.

Not only that, but I have cobbled up some icons for the two programs.

Carlo

On Wed, 14 Jan 2004, Bruce Ravel wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I was just thinking that it would be nice to be able to install
>ifeffit and friends into either the KDE or GNOME menus.  For example,
>one could imagine installing athena and artemis by doing
>
>    perl Makefile.PL
>    make
>    make install
>    make install-kde or make install-gnome
>
>where the last step makes the menu entries for the codes.
>
>Do any of the linux hacks out there know how this is done (at the
>level of a script -- I know how to do it by hand)?

Carlo U. Segre -- Professor of Physics
Illinois Institute of Technology
Voice: 312.567.3498            Fax: 312.567.3494
Carlo.Segre at iit.edu    http://www.iit.edu/~segre