[Ifeffit] Re: merging

Bruce Ravel ravel at phys.washington.edu
Thu Feb 5 16:11:12 CST 2004

On Thursday 05 February 2004 04:41 pm, dmc at pdx.edu wrote:
> Bruce,
>
>       I succeeded in merging the k-plots of several files in Athena, but
> failed at opening the data and graphing it in Artemis for fitting purposes.
>  Is this merging function purely for use in Athena?  You'd made it sound
> like I could use that data for fitting.  If it is possible to export the
> merge to Artemis for a fit, let me know how.

That is my intention.  I do so all the time.

In Athena:

   1. mark several groups
   2. merge them in mu(E), norm(E), or chi(k)
   3. make the merged group the current one (i.e. highlighted in
      orange and displayed in the main window)
   4. from the File menu, select "Save chi(k)", which is the 11th item
      in the menu, not counting the separators.  This will write out a
      three-column file, where the columns are k, chi, and the
      standard deviation.  (The std. dev. is only written out for
      merged groups -- for not-merged groups a two column k/chi fiule
      will be written).

Remember where you wrote the file and what name you gave it, because
you will need that information in Artemis.

In Artemis:

  1. In the File menu, select "Open data file or project file".  Use
     the file selection widget to find the file you just saved in
     Athena.  It should read in without problem.

If you think you have uncovered a bug or if you think something weird
is happening with your specific data, then my advice to you is the
same as to the fellow who was having a data import problem a few
minutes ago:  I will need to see the data and you should look at
   http://leonardo.phys.washington.edu/~ravel/software/exafs/bugs.html
for more information on submitting a bug report.

 Bruce Ravel  ----------------------------------- ravel at phys.washington.edu
 Code 6134, Building 3, Room 222
 Naval Research Laboratory                          phone: (1) 202 767 5947
 Washington DC 20375, USA                             fax: (1) 202 767 1697

 Beamlines X11a, X11b, X23b
 National Synchrotron Light Source