[Ifeffit] Artemis fit results question

Timm Strathmann strthmnn at uiuc.edu
Mon Aug 30 15:41:59 CDT 2004

This may be a question related to Artemis or to EXAFS fitting in general for
a relative newcomer. Over the past months, when I've fit EXAFS data using
Artemis and feff-derived single-scattering paths, I sometimes end up with
best fit values for 2nd-shell coordination numbers or sigma squared values
that are negative. Do these values have any meaning, or do they most likely
signify that the chosen paths are not appropriate for fitting the spectral
region in question? Also, is there a way to constrain the parameters to only
consider positive values. Thanks.

Timm Strathmann