[Ifeffit] Artemis problem with sum of paths (no fit)

Paul Fons paul-fons at aist.go.jp
Sun Aug 29 23:05:57 CDT 2004

  I often make use of Artemis' option of plotting the sum of paths (with
current parameters) to double check the starting values for a full fit.
  Under the sum of paths (no fit) option, there are two sub-options, one
"use all paths" and "use only selected paths".  I believe that
regardless of which option is chosen only selected paths are summed. I
noticed this as I had a very unique path that really stuck out and
using the sum all paths option I could turn on and off its appearance
by selecting or de-selecting this path.  This was regardless of the
fact that I had selected the "use all paths" sub-option. As the
behavior one usually wants is to sum only selected paths, this is not a
very serious problem, however, it is potentially misleading and
?probably easy to fix. This is with the latest version of artemis rc2.

						Paul