[Ifeffit] trying to start...

Norbert Weiher weiher at chem.ethz.ch
Fri Aug 27 08:44:38 CDT 2004

Dear Mauricio,

following up to Bruce's reply, I suggest using a small script (PERL, awk,
whatever you prefer) to extract just the information needed by
ATHENA/ARTEMIS. This is what I usually do with my raw data. In your case,
e.g. a

gawk '{print $3,$4,$5,$6}' infile > outfile (or whatever columns you need)

would do a great job. In case you have bash available, you can even make a
fancy loop:

for i in `ls *.dat`;do gawk '{print $1,...}' $i > $i.ext ; done

which makes you a ".dat.ext" out of every ".dat" file. Feel free to ask me in
case you want to know a bit more on linux-scripting - it's anyway a good tool
for spectroscopy :)

Cheers,

Norbert

--
Dr. rer. nat. Norbert Weiher (weiher at chem.ethz.ch)
Institute for Chemical and Bioengineering - ETH Hönggerberg