[Ifeffit] High-R data

Bruce Ravel ravel at phys.washington.edu
Thu Aug 26 10:12:31 CDT 2004

On Thursday 26 August 2004 11:01 am, Matt Newville wrote:
> > On the other hand, you are correct that data only gets plotted
> > in R up to 10 A.  That was not a conscious decision by me and
> > seems to be some kind of default in Ifeffit.  Matt, how does one
> > change that default?
>
> You can set the maximum R for chi(R) from fftf() with
>   fftf(data.chi, kmin=2,kmax=19, rmax_out=15)

This seems like a good thing to add as a configuration option in the
next stable version of Artemis.  I am open to votes for what the
default value should be.  I am leaning towards either 10 or 12.

Matt, the fftf() page in the reference manual does, in fact, mention
rmax_out, but only tangentially.  Could you add its description to the
parameter list?

 Bruce Ravel  ----------------------------------- ravel at phys.washington.edu
 Code 6134, Building 3, Room 405
 Naval Research Laboratory                          phone: (1) 202 767 2268
 Washington DC 20375, USA                             fax: (1) 202 767 4642

 Beamlines X11a, X11b, X23b
 National Synchrotron Light Source