[Ifeffit] High-R data

Peter Southon p.southon at usyd.edu.au
Thu Aug 26 00:54:12 CDT 2004

Hello all,

Athena and Artemis do not plot chi beyond 20 Å-1 or the Fourier transform
beyond 10 Å. Is this a limitation of Athena/Artemis or of Ifeffit? Can it
be changed?
We have exafs data that may be usable almost to 21 Å-1, and with quite a
strong FT peak (from a Pt atom) at 10.5 Å. The latter we would not even
have noticed had we been using only Athena to process our data.

The 10.5 Å peak raises another issue. I understand that Ifeffit by default
assumes that the high-R region is pure noise in order to make its estimates
of uncertainty. (I know the actual R-range that is used was mentioned
recently but I can't find it in the list archives or any of my manuals.)
Can this range be changed? Does anyone have any advice on how to deal with
this issue?

Thanks,
Peter

Peter Southon