[Ifeffit] info sought regarding file locking

Bruce Ravel ravel at phys.washington.edu
Mon Aug 2 13:05:35 CDT 2004

Hi!

In the recent release of Athena and Artemis, I believe I fixed the
problem that Windows users were observing that files would get locked
when in use by one of my programs.  This would be a problem if, say,
you imported a file into Athena and then wanted to rename or move that
file using the file manager.

I am interested to know if anyone is still experiencing any problems
of this sort.  If so, please describe to me in as much detail as
possible what lead to a file getting locked by my program.

I will assume that if I do not hear from anyone regarding this, that
means that this is working properly.

Thanks,

 Bruce Ravel  ----------------------------------- ravel at phys.washington.edu
 Code 6134, Building 3, Room 405
 Naval Research Laboratory                          phone: (1) 202 767 2268
 Washington DC 20375, USA                             fax: (1) 202 767 4642

 Beamlines X11a, X11b, X23b
 National Synchrotron Light Source