[Ifeffit] Question about the R_factor in artemis/ifeffit

Wayne Lukens wwlukens at lbl.gov
Fri Apr 30 17:33:58 CDT 2004

Dear Matt and/or Bruce,

First, thank you for the great software!  I am a former EXAFSPAK user
and have been
really impressed by Artemis/ifeffit.  It's easier to use, more
flexible, and gives more
reasonable errors for the fit parameters.

My question is about the value of the R_factor for R-space fitting.
This seems to
be the R_factor for the real component of the Fourier transform only
although the fitting
is performed on both the real and imaginary components.  Is there a
reason that
the contribution of the imaginary component to the R_factor is not
included?

Sincerely,

Wayne

---