[Ifeffit] Re: Artemis Crashed too often

Aria fyang at ECE.NEU.EDU
Thu Apr 29 10:06:39 CDT 2004

After reading these days' discussion in 'minor bugs report' thread, it
reminds me of keeping a track of memory usage in my case. Here is a detailed
list.

Artemis starts:  		56,100 K
Loads project file: 	59,180 K
Save:				65,256 K
After 1st fit:     	88,252 K
2nd fit:			88,824 K
3rd fit:			89,320 K
Save:				98,160 K
4th fit:			97,840 K
Save:				98,164 K
5th fit:			298,152 K
Crash

I have also noticed the CPU usage is normally 25% during the fit process.
But in the 5th fit, it went up to 25% for first several seconds, then drops
to 0% suddenly. The memory usage jumps to 298,152K at the same time, and
stayed for a few seconds before it finally crashed. Meanwhile, another
process called 'dwwin.exe' with memory usage of 248,016K appeared. After the
error message showed up, and closed all the Artemis windows, both of those
big memory consuming processes disappeared. This practice is reproducible.
I hope it helps a little bit.

Best regards,
Aria