[Ifeffit] Minor bugs in the new versions

Jensen, Mark P. mjensen at anl.gov
Thu Apr 29 09:10:45 CDT 2004

I agree with Gerrit on this. This morning I took a look at the two
"nearly identical" computers and found that

1. Athena and Artemis each consume about 230 MB of memory to run on my
Windows 2000 or XP computers.
2. That the computer that could run both Athena and Artemis with 128 MB
RAM had a considerably larger maximum virtual memory setting (600 MB)
than the computer that would not (300 MB). Increasing the size of the
virtual memory on the latter computer allows both to run.

Bruce, as long as that is the amount of memory the programs should use,
I guess that means this is not a minor bug in your software. In my case,
it's a user that was being miserly with hard drive space.

Mark Jensen

Mark P. Jensen
Chemistry Division
Argonne National Laboratory