[Ifeffit] Minor bugs in the new versions

Bruce Ravel ravel at phys.washington.edu
Wed Apr 28 08:08:06 CDT 2004

On Wednesday 28 April 2004 05:20 am, Schmithals wrote:
> I checked the batch file but both the shortcut to the batch file as well
> as the batch file itself seem to be correct. I also did a new
> installation from scratch but the situation didn't change. Here is the
> content of artemis.bat:
>
> @echo off
> SET IFEFFIT_MAIN=C:\Programme\Ifeffit
> SET IFEFFIT_DIR=C:\Programme\Ifeffit
> SET PATH=%PATH%;%IFEFFIT_DIR%
> SET PGPLOT_DIR=%IFEFFIT_DIR%
> SET PGPLOT_DEV=/GW
> "%IFEFFIT_DIR%"\updater.exe
> cd "%IFEFFIT_DIR%"
> artemis.exe
>
> Immediatly after first start of Artemis the folder "C:\Program
> Files\Ifeffit\horae\stash\" is created where Artemis will store its files.
> I found these entries in "artemis.config" (windows= obviously points to
> the folder that ifeffit actually uses):
> default=~/.horae/stash/
> windows=C:\\Program Files\\Ifeffit\\horae\\stash\\

Hmmm... it seems that I did not test the general.workspace
configuration variable very well at all.  I would say that you should
just change that variable, but you said that changing it does not
work.

It seems that this is a bug and, so long as reconfiguring the variable
does not work, it is a bug you will have to live with until the next
release.

Sorry.

You might try editing the
   C:\wherever you installed\Ifeffit\horae\artemis.ini
file by hand to change the workspace parameter in the general section
(should be near the top) to read correctly.  I think that should work
even if the preferences dialog in Artemis does not.

I'll try to have this fixed in the next release.

 Bruce Ravel  ----------------------------------- ravel at phys.washington.edu
 Code 6134, Building 3, Room 405
 Naval Research Laboratory                          phone: (1) 202 767 2268
 Washington DC 20375, USA                             fax: (1) 202 767 4642

 Beamlines X11a, X11b, X23b
 National Synchrotron Light Source