[Ifeffit] k range

Steven Sangyun Lim steven.lim at yale.edu
Tue Apr 27 18:30:49 CDT 2004

Thank you all very much for the immediate help.
One more question, may I???
What can the minimum kmax be?
I think it can be about 8 according to Scott.
If I use kmin=2, can it be 7 or 6? The reason why I ask this is that when I plot R space with my sample, which has been reduced and needs to be confirmed if there is any metal cluster, the metal peak shows at kmax=8, but it disappears at kmax=6 or 7. At kmax=10, it is hard to tell because the spectrum is very noisy (it shows split peak). When there are extremely small metal clusters (even at CN=0.6), I can see a distinct metal peak that does not change no matter what k range and weight I use. I wonder any further advice can be suggested.
Thank you for your help in advance.
Steven