[Ifeffit] RE: Ifeffit Digest, Vol 14, Issue 23

Bruce Ravel ravel at phys.washington.edu
Tue Apr 27 12:46:03 CDT 2004

On Tuesday 27 April 2004 12:13 pm, Scott Calvin wrote:
> This is very reminiscent of problems I and my students have been
> having, but I have not had time to try to track down the
> reproducibility and behavior, and figured sending you a message
> "Artemis crashes a lot" was not terribly helpful.

A very true statement.

> Based on your preliminary diagnosis, I do, however, have a
> thought. Are control characters non-Ascii for this purpose? Because
> I probably have "ctrl-s" scattered all over the place. That happens
> because within the journal ctrl-s does not save, but rather tries to
> enter that character into the journal, leading to a little
> box. Likewise, I used to get that behavior when I was in certain
> places on the GDS screen, although I can't seem to get that to
> happen now--maybe the new version fixed that somehow? But the
> journal does still have that behavior.

Thanks, Scott.  That gives me something to look for.

A question for Scott and Aria,  is this problem correlated either with
reading the built-in documentation or writing a report in the form of
an excel spreadsheet?

 Bruce Ravel  ----------------------------------- ravel at phys.washington.edu
 Code 6134, Building 3, Room 405
 Naval Research Laboratory                          phone: (1) 202 767 2268
 Washington DC 20375, USA                             fax: (1) 202 767 4642

 Beamlines X11a, X11b, X23b
 National Synchrotron Light Source