[Ifeffit] Minor bugs in the new versions

Matt Newville newville at cars.uchicago.edu
Tue Apr 27 11:58:26 CDT 2004

Hi Gerrit,

I can answer one of your questions:

> - Is it possible to do an offline installation on a computer not
> connected to the internet? (e.g. by manually loading the updates-files
> and changing "update_site" in updater.ini)

Yes, it should be possible to change update_site in updater.ini.
You'd want to copy the contents of the current update site to
another web site.  I don't know if anyone else has tried this, but I
have used this setting for testing purposes.  In principle, we could
put the updates on Sourceforge.net as well.

You can also manually download all the ifup_XXX.zip files, and
unpack them with WinZip or any other program in order (so that
ifup_002.zip overwrites updates from ifup_001.zip, and so forth)
into C:\Program Files\Ifeffit, or wherever you installed Ifeffit.

See
  http://cars9.uchicago.edu/cgi-bin/ifeffit/faqwiz?req=show&file=faq02.008.htp
for more details about the updater.