[Ifeffit] RE: Ifeffit Digest, Vol 14, Issue 23

Scott Calvin scalvin at slc.edu
Tue Apr 27 11:13:35 CDT 2004

Hi Bruce,

This is very reminiscent of problems I and my students have been having,
but I have not had time to try to track down the reproducibility and
behavior, and figured sending you a message "Artemis crashes a lot" was not
terribly helpful. Based on your preliminary diagnosis, I do, however, have
a thought. Are control characters non-Ascii for this purpose? Because I
probably have "ctrl-s" scattered all over the place. That happens because
within the journal ctrl-s does not save, but rather tries to enter that
character into the journal, leading to a little box. Likewise, I used to
get that behavior when I was in certain places on the GDS screen, although
I can't seem to get that to happen now--maybe the new version fixed that
somehow? But the journal does still have that behavior.

I'm using Windows XP and Artemis 0.7.003.

--Scott Calvin
Sarah Lawrence College