[Ifeffit] k range

Steven Sangyun Lim steven.lim at yale.edu
Tue Apr 27 10:46:02 CDT 2004

Dear all,
I always appreciate the big useful help from everyone.
I have a basic question. I think a similar question has been arose long time ago. (But I lost the mail..)
My sample has very small amount (under 1 wt%) and cluster size (< 1nm). The spectrum is always noisy at high k range, so I use usually k=2 to 10 or 12. It depends on the noise of the spectrum.  Of course, if I go further down, it is better. My question is how low can I set the k range? Is there any minimum range for reliable result? Please let me get out of this dilemma...
Thank you always.
Steven