[Ifeffit] noisy spectrum and AUTOBK

gabriel rosenblum gabirose at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 20 11:01:19 CDT 2004

Hi all.
Sorry for not being specific.
I am trying to do background removal with AUTOBK.
The parameter emax is present at autobk.inp file under
the UWEXAFS package.
Emax – means the region after the edge in the xmu file
to be taken by AUTOBK to perform the spline. For
example, if emax is set to 400 eV, it means the spline
and the subtraction will be carried 400 eV over the
edge. After the subtraction I FT the data and observe
chi(R ).
I guess the noise problem is more pronounced 350 to
550 eV over the edge, and not near the edge. However I
will sure try the recipe offered by Shelly.
Still waiting for an answer.
Thanks.
Gabi.