[Ifeffit] [HELP!] Athena and Artemis doesn't start

Bruce Ravel ravel at phys.washington.edu
Fri Apr 16 07:54:37 CDT 2004

On Friday 16 April 2004 05:51 am, mauro at rulp.org wrote:
> Hi to all,
>
> This morning the "story" started with some .TRAP files during an Artemis
> fit. From one of this I have understood the problem was again with
> conflicts between the compiled-by-hand horae version and Carlo's .deb
> (automatically installed) package.

This looks like a new bug that I am unaware of.  I have never seen a
problem in the place that the trap file is pointing to.  I would be
interested in understanding better what lead to this problem.  If it
crops up again, take notes on what you just did and let me know.

> mauro at mac6npd2:~$ artemis
> Can't load '/usr/lib/perl5/auto/Ifeffit/Ifeffit.so' for module Ifeffit:
> /usr/lib/perl5/auto/Ifeffit/Ifeffit.so: undefined symbol: PL_sv_undef at
> /usr/lib/perl/5.8/DynaLoader.pm line 225.
>  at /usr/bin/artemis line 49
>  Compilation failed in require at /usr/bin/artemis line 49.
>  BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/bin/artemis line 53.

Whenever you see one of these error messages complaining about an
undefined symbol that begins with "PL" the problem is always with
PGPLOT.  This could get back to your problem with having
ifeffit+friends installed in different places.  It would seem that
either you removed pgplot entirely or pgplot is installed in the wrong
place for the current setup.

It may be as simple as reinstalling pgplot.  Or you may need to
rebuild ifeffit so that the ifeffit library is definately compiled
against pgplot in its current location.  Or both.

Good luck!

 Bruce Ravel  ----------------------------------- ravel at phys.washington.edu
 Code 6134, Building 3, Room 405
 Naval Research Laboratory                          phone: (1) 202 767 2268
 Washington DC 20375, USA                             fax: (1) 202 767 4642

 Beamlines X11a, X11b, X23b
 National Synchrotron Light Source