[Ifeffit] new versions of my programs

Stefano Ciurli stefano.ciurli at unibo.it
Wed Apr 14 10:41:45 CDT 2004

Ciao Carlo,

>It is my understanding that Mac OSX has something called fink which works
>much like Debian's apt-get.

yes it has. But I am not a guru of linux or unix (to say the least)
and as a newcomer I used the installer provided kindly by Matt. For
other programs I used fink, no problem. You can go and see some
interesting pages at http://chemistry.ucsc.edu/~wgscott/xtal/

>   I have always been curious as to whether
>source packages from a Debian system could be ported easily through this
>method?  Can you tell me a bit about it?

not much. I follow the instructions given in the site I give above to
install the programs I need, mostrly for crystallography and protein
NMR.
Ciao,
Stefano

Stefano Ciurli
Professor of Chemistry
Department of Agro-Environmental Science and Technology
University of Bologna
Viale Giuseppe Fanin, 40
I-40127 Bologna
Italy