[Ifeffit] new versions of my programs

Bruce Ravel ravel at phys.washington.edu
Wed Apr 14 08:20:56 CDT 2004

On Wednesday 14 April 2004 07:37 am, Stefano Ciurli wrote:
> Hi Bruce,
> I installed the programs very recently, using the installer from
> Matt's page. Now that you released the new programs, will the
> installer be updated? It is so convenient to use...

Stefano

To quote from the announcement:

  "Source code tarballs are already available on my web site and at
   SourceForge.  The Windows updater package will be available soon."

You need to remember that Matt and I do this software thing entirely
as a volunteer effort.  That is especially true for the Windows
package because neither of us develops our codes on Windows, which is
a secondary platform for both of us.  I believe that Matt has users at
his beamline this week and that has to take priority over his
preparing the new Windows updater.  You simply must be patient.

Perhaps now is a good time for someone who relies upon the Windows
version to step up and volunteer to take the maintenance of the
Windows package off of our hands...

 Bruce Ravel  ----------------------------------- ravel at phys.washington.edu
 Code 6134, Building 3, Room 405
 Naval Research Laboratory                          phone: (1) 202 767 2268
 Washington DC 20375, USA                             fax: (1) 202 767 4642

 Beamlines X11a, X11b, X23b
 National Synchrotron Light Source