[Ifeffit] new Debian packages of horae-033

mauro at rulp.org mauro at rulp.org
Wed Apr 14 07:57:17 CDT 2004

On Sat, Apr 10, 2004 at 03:22:05AM -0500, Carlo U. Segre wrote:

> Hello All:
>
> There are now new Debian packages of the latest horae available.  Bruce, I
[cut]

Hello,

I have installed the new Debian packages and I would like to express some
comments.

First of all, I thank Carlo to maintain the package (with "apt-get" now it's
very fast to upgrade horae).

I use Debian "testing". Installing by the "unstable" package doesn't work
because need pgplot5 (>5.2.2-5) - I have pgplot5_5.2.2-4 - so I have to
install the "stable". It could be an idea to compile the Debian package also
for the "testing" distribution.

According to the Debian official guidelines, I install software not included
in the official distribution in the directory "/usr/local". The package
install itself in the "/usr/share". This made problems with the previous
installed horae-* because the Perl-Ifeffit libraries were installed in
"/usr/local/lib". The rude solution is simply renaming the old "Paths.pm"
and "Group.pm" (in *.old).

Hephaestus doesn't start. It gives me the following error:

	   Name "Ifeffit::Tools::libdir" used only once: possible typo at
	   /usr/bin/hephaestus line 97. Cannot open '/hephaestus/vulcan.gif'
	   in mode 'r' at /usr/lib/perl5/Tk/Image.pm line 21.

These are only "comments", after all the installation was fine and the
software is working as well as usual.

---
Mauro Rovezzi <mauro at rulp.org> -  Physics student
University of Rome "Tor Vergata", ESRF Beamline BM8 - GILDA