[Ifeffit] new versions of my programs

Bruce Ravel ravel at phys.washington.edu
Mon Apr 12 10:18:24 CDT 2004

Hi folks,

I have just finished the new release of my data analysis programs:
Athena 0.8.027 and Artemis 0.7.003.  This release contains mostly bug
fixes and feature enhancements.  As you may recall, last month's
release of Artemis generated a very large amount of traffic on this
list due to several problems surrounding the new project file format
and other file management issues.  I have addressed almost all of the
problems that were reported and am cautiously optimistic that this
release of Artemis will be much more solid than the last.

There is one significant new feature in this release -- the program
Hephaestus, which will be a permanent part of future releases.
Hephaestus replaces the Atoms Periodic Table and expands greatly upon
its functionality.  I will describe Hephaestus in more detail in a
message later this morning.

Source code tarballs are already available on my web site and at
SourceForge.  The Windows updater package will be available soon.

Change logs with all the details of the new features of Athena and
Artemis are on my web site.

Lots of people helped out this time with excellent suggestions and bug
reports.  Special thanks to Mauro Ravezzi, David Barton, Peter
Pfalzer, Gerrit Schmithals, Stanislav Stoupin, and Shelly Kelly.

Regards,

 Bruce Ravel  ----------------------------------- ravel at phys.washington.edu
 Code 6134, Building 3, Room 405
 Naval Research Laboratory                          phone: (1) 202 767 2268
 Washington DC 20375, USA                             fax: (1) 202 767 4642

 Beamlines X11a, X11b, X23b
 National Synchrotron Light Source