[Ifeffit] ifeffit updater

Peter Pfalzer peter.pfalzer at physik.uni-augsburg.de
Wed Sep 17 06:16:03 CDT 2003

Hi Matt,

> There is now an updater program for Windows is now available.  If
> you already have 1.2.2 installed, you do not need to download the
> 30Mb full installation, just the 2Mb program
>      ifeffit_update-1.0.exe
> from either http://cars9.uchicago.edu/ifeffit/download.html or
> https://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=80919
>
> Once installed, the updater program will automatically run just
> before all Ifeffit applications, checking whether updates are
> available and installing them if desired.
>
> This should make it a lot easier to keep up-to-date with the latest
> versions of Ifeffit, athena, artemis, sixpack, etc...
>
> If you have any questions or trouble, let me know,

The idea of having an updater is great!
I downloaded and installed it right away, but I'm not sure if it's doing
the right thing.
Every time I start one of the programs (athena, gifeffit,...) the
updater accesses the internet and tells me that there are updates
available. I click on "install updates" and it's downloading and
unpacking a .exe and a .lib file.
Nothing else seems to change. The version number of ifeffit printed out
by the "about"-function of athena is still 1.2.2 and on every new start
of the programs the "updates available" notice pops up again.
Am I doing something wrong?

Best,
Peter

Peter Pfalzer
Universitaet Augsburg                    Tel: +49-821-598-3215
Lehrstuhl fuer Experimentalphysik II     Fax: +49-821-598-3411
Universitaetsstr. 1
D-86135 Augsburg
Germany                   Peter.Pfalzer at physik.uni-augsburg.de