[Ifeffit] integrating difference spectra

Bruce Ravel ravel at phys.washington.edu
Tue Sep 16 15:29:11 CDT 2003

Hi folks,

feature that will allow the user to integrate difference spectra.  I
suspect that this will prove most useful for XANES studies and for
XMCD studies.

I was wondering if someone on the mailing list would be so kind as to
send me some sample XMCD data, either in the form of raw data or as an
Athena project file, so I can test this.  The most useful example at
this stage would be a model system -- i.e. something that demonstrates
a large dichroic effect.  It would also be useful if your data set has
a well known value for the integral of the difference spectrum.  That
way I'll have a bit of confidence that my algorithm is working.

Thanks in advance!

 Bruce Ravel  ----------------------------------- ravel at phys.washington.edu
 Code 6134, Building 3, Room 222
 Naval Research Laboratory                          phone: (1) 202 767 5947
 Washington DC 20375, USA                             fax: (1) 202 767 1697

 Beamlines X11a, X11b, X23b
 National Synchrotron Light Source