[Ifeffit] ifeffit 1.2.3

Matt Newville newville at cars.uchicago.edu
Mon Sep 15 14:50:09 CDT 2003

Hi Everyone,

I've just posted Ifeffit version 1.2.3.  As with earlier versions in
the 1.2.x series, this is a bug-fix release. The changes are:
  1) setting 'path_index' now causes the given path to be the
     'current path', so that 'reff', 'degen', and any parameters that
     might depend on them are automatically updated.
  2) spline() now passes all of the arguments to pre_edge() correctly.

There is now an updater program for Windows is now available.  If
you already have 1.2.2 installed, you do not need to download the
30Mb full installation, just the 2Mb program
     ifeffit_update-1.0.exe
from either http://cars9.uchicago.edu/ifeffit/download.html or
https://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=80919

Once installed, the updater program will automatically run just
before all Ifeffit applications, checking whether updates are
available and installing them if desired.

This should make it a lot easier to keep up-to-date with the latest
versions of Ifeffit, athena, artemis, sixpack, etc...

If you have any questions or trouble, let me know,