[Ifeffit] Novice seeks advice

SCalvin100 at aol.com SCalvin100 at aol.com
Wed Oct 29 11:11:20 CST 2003

Oops. Scott meant to send this to the list, of course.

--Scott

In a message dated 10/29/03 10:21:28 AM Eastern Standard Time,
ravel at phys.washington.edu writes:
On Wednesday 29 October 2003 10:12 am, SCalvin100 at aol.com wrote:
> I would like to add to Bruces' post one other quick "reality check."
> Look at Athena and see where E0 was picked there. It's possible that
> for some reason you have an E0 in Athena way above the actual rising
> portion of the energy spectrum, in which case Artemis is actually
> doing the right thing by moving it back to the correct energy
> origin. You really don't want to depend on Artemis to fix a poor E0
> choice in Athena, though, so if that is the case then you should
> choose a more reasonable E0 in Athena and feed the resulting chi
> file back in to Artemis.

Scott,

Did you send this to the list or just to me?  The headers seem to
suggest the latter -- in which case it is weird the Scott is referring
to Bruce in the third person ;-)