[Ifeffit] data files for Athena

Bruce Ravel ravel at phys.washington.edu
Wed Oct 22 15:35:00 CDT 2003

On Wednesday 22 October 2003 04:36 pm, k-kupiecki at northwestern.edu wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'd like to start using Athena and Artemis to do some feff- fitting to my
> data but I'm having some problems loading in my two column data files (E
> (keV)  & Intensity (Flourscence signal/reflectivity detector) ) of the
> spectra into Athena.
>
> I get the following message when I try to load the data file:
>
> ************
> This file:
> c:/My Documents/25min_trying.txt
>
> contins data that are not monotonically increasing in energy. (check data
> points 101)
>
> Athena cannot import data in this state.  You may sort these by energy,
> discading repeated points, or you may simply discard these data.
>
> ************
>
> *If I select sort, Athena "finishes" and has the comment
> Error: Runtime exception
>

> I don't think there are any duplicate energies in my spectra... to give
> you an idea here are the first couple lines of my text file:
>

> 11.8946	0.135782452
> 11.8951	0.137828398
> 11.8956	0.137274903
> 11.8961	0.137603924
> 11.8966	0.136993206
> 11.8971	0.135301602
> 11.8976	0.139005468
>

> Is there are particular format I need to have this file in?

Kristine,

That's not quite enough information for me to diagnose the problem.

Email me a copy of the data file that is causing this problem and I'll
take a look-see.

 Bruce Ravel  ----------------------------------- ravel at phys.washington.edu
 Code 6134, Building 3, Room 222
 Naval Research Laboratory                          phone: (1) 202 767 5947
 Washington DC 20375, USA                             fax: (1) 202 767 1697

 Beamlines X11a, X11b, X23b
 National Synchrotron Light Source