[Ifeffit] Tk804.025_beta

Kelly, Shelly D. SKelly at anl.gov
Tue Oct 14 09:49:05 CDT 2003

> On Tuesday 14 October 2003 04:02 am, Guoqiang Pan wrote:
> > Dear ifeffit colleagues, I would like to install the Linux version
> > for Artemis in my RedHat8.0 system, as suggested in download page it
> > should install first pgplot, ifeffit, and the latest version of
> > perl/Tk. The first two are OK, but for perl/Tk I had some problem. I
> > downloaded Tk804.025_beta.tar.gz, and unzipped the file. Using perl
> > Makefile.PL to produce the Makefile file. But after type make, I had
> > the problem: [root at localhost Tk804.025_beta2]# make Makefile:95: ***
> > missing separator.  Stop.
> >
> > I had tried other versions for perl/Tk, but the problem is the
> > same. Please help me to solve it. Thank you very much. I attached
> > the Makefile and Makefile.PL.log , the file produced after perl
> > Makefile.PL > Makefile.PL.log

On this same subject, RedHat 9.0 has a broken perl installation.  The
environmental language variable is set incorrectly.  The result is a similar error message.  Using tcsh type "echo $LANG"  the result should be "lang_us".
You can set this variable by typing "setenv LANG lang_us".
www.linuxforum.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=1481&view=new  Gives some more details.

I just recently installed all of these same packages on a new RedHat 9.0 system.  -This was the only bump that I ran into.

Shelly